Thursday, August 2, 2012

A New Beginning

Those of you who know me know that photography is and has been my passion for many, many years. This past year and a half has brought trials, tribulations, things I thought I would never get through. With a LOT of tears, some insistence from my Bestie, Andrea (Ward I call her), and learning to let go and move on, things have started to come full circle.

I had to set down photography for that amount of time, 1 year, 8 months, 2 days to be exact. A lot of circumstances from a divorce, a very bad one, medical issues, losing my home, my job, my camera, literally every worldly possession aside from my laptop and 2 boxes of clothes are all I have materially.

Ward and I found a way to make this a go, to push forward and get me back in the swing of things. I have never counted on photography for money, as an income per se. I have along the way photographed weddings, families, friends, but I never really set out to make it 'a career' as I was busy being an RN making the little world I lived in a healthier, happier place. Photography was always a place for me to be, to unwind from the stresses, to see beauty when at work I saw so much sadness, pain, and death.

So this site will be dedicated to my journey back into photography, please be warned, I have not and do not do things half-way. Once this is moving and going, there will be no stopping this and I am SO ready to get busy.

Stay tuned as this is JUST the beginning for us, for this site and for the newest addition to our AA family business.

Until we click again,

~Alisha

2 comments:

  1. Loving the post Alisha, one talent lady, winks, woo hoo, were off and running, see i told you one day this would happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 Thank you my dearest and bestest! You are always right, yes now it is black and white !!!

    ReplyDelete